Putting your home on the market can be an exciting time. But once the floorplans have been drawn up, the photos taken, and the property listed online, what else do you need to do? Being proactive at this stage can lead to a faster sale.
Watch our video for The Guild's top tips.
1. Set clear viewing times. Talk to your agent so they have easy access to the property for viewings, and agree certain times that are not convenient in advance.
2. Be ready for questions. Draw up a list of frequently asked questions to make sure your agent can get back to a potential buyer as quickly as possible.
3. Tidy at all times. Making your home look its best at all times can be difficult, but it will be worth it when a sudden viewing crops up.
4. Be prepared to buy. If you plan to buy and sell at the same time, start looking at properties and seek mortgage advice early on. This shows buyers that you are serious about moving.
5. Decide what offer you would accept. This will save you time when offers come in. Set a figure that you would accept, and you can happily confirm when the right offer is made.